Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What can you say about yourself in 30 seconds or less?

Well I am pressed for time this morning and at the same time I wanted to create the practice of downloading my thoughts so...
I have a few shows coming up this month and I have the usual request for the artist bio so the viewer can get a sense of who the artist is and their background. This is always a tough conversation (internal) for me because one conversation is "I am not as good or good enough" due to the fact I did not complete my schooling at the Art Institute even though I believe with all of my being that I am an artist and have been all my life. The other conversation is that which I know what ever I say/write is not who I am - not even close to who I am.
So who am I ?
I am a part and whole of all that is life and living. I think I am even a part of all that has been in my thoughts, but really who I am is the heartbeat, the direction of the light and the movement of the wind in the moment I am conscious to all that is. My roles are a few: Artist, Father, Husband, Friend, Musician, Teacher, etc... but the whole of me is that energy of creation and that is what comes alive in my artwork when I allow it to happen.

No comments: