Saturday, November 22, 2008

Back to progress



For me progress is not the goal of living, but it helps to have an intention as a compass or guiding star to aid in direction. Conditions and situations will change and challenges will be present and life will unfold with or without me.
These paintings I still have a general feel and direction or an expression that I desire to be conveyed. I also have not worked on these in a couple weeks so intention as well as inspiration gets a little fuzzy for me. The pictures also get a little fuzzy until I consciously connect with the source of creation and inspiration that originally opened the doors for me to sketch these designs on the canvas.
Anyway I am back at it painting these two so I thought I would post the pictures up - especially for you Dad since we just spoke on the phone about it. 
Right now they are acrylic under-paintings from a charcoal sketch on canvas (36 x 48 and 36 x 60). I will start building with oil though to their completion.
Take care and progress may not always look like a step forward - does it?.
John

No comments: